Notes from the website: "We" are Beth and Ernest Wilson, celebrating over 20 years of continuing the family tradition of owning drive-in theaters started by Beth's father, Frank Seeber.
Originally, Warwick Drive-In Theater was built in 1950 by Charles & Mary Finger in partnership with George & Adeline Miller on 5 acres of land owned by Paul & Emma Miller. George & Adeline sold out to Russ & Gloria Eurich. It had one 70' x 40' screen and parking for 350 cars. Soon, the Fingers bought out the business from the Eurichs. It was run successfully by the Finger family for 25 years.
Back in those days, salesmen would come from the film companies to lease their films to the theater for a $12.50 flat fee for 3 or 4 days at a time. Now, film distributors charge up to 90% of the theater's gross ticket sales and demand 3 to 4 weeks for each film. Eventually, competition heated up and Mr. Finger successfully bid to make the drive-in a first run theater, giving it the right to play the films on the same date as they were released in New York City.
Mr. and Mrs. Finger decided to retire and in 1977 sold the drive-in to Frank Seeber. Paul Miller's widow, Emma Miller Sisco, decided against leasing out the property so Frank also had to buy the acreage in order to fulfill his dream.